SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions and the sponsorship application form to which they are attached (together the “Agreement”) set out the terms on which you agree to be a Sponsor or Exhibitor at the EMIS National User Group Annual Conference 2019 (“Event”). This Agreement creates a licence to be a Sponsor or Exhibitor at the Event in exchange for the applicable fee payable. You may not assign, sub licence or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written agreement. Exemption from any of the terms and conditions in the Agreement shall be given only at the organisers' discretion and will only be effective if made in writing.
The EMIS National User Group Annual Conference 2019.
The exhibition at the EMIS National User Group Annual Conference 2019.
Any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted space in the exhibition area of the EMIS National User Group Annual Conference 2019, including any employees, contractors, suppliers and agents.
Any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted Sponsorship benefits for the EMIS National User Group Conference 2019, including any employees, contractors, suppliers and agents.
The action of replacing someone.
Hampton Medical Conferences and the EMIS National User Group.
3. Confirmation process
Please note, in order to guarantee Sponsorship and/or Exhibition at the EMIS NUG Annual Conference 2019, the following process applies:
- A signed confirmation accepting the event terms and conditions must be returned to email@example.com
- The organisers will acknowledge the signed confirmation and send an email with a link to register your company billing details, attendees and stand preference (if applicable).
- Upon completion of the online form an invoice will be sent to your organisation for processing.
- Payment must be made as per the invoice instructions.
- Once payment has been processed all promotion and branding applicable to your chosen package will commence and any stand preferences (if applicable) confirmed.
Please note: Sponsorship or Exhibition applications are not deemed as confirmed until all of the above steps have been completed. The organisers reserve the right to reject applications for failure to do so.
4. Payment terms
- We must receive full payment prior to the event start date, without exception. Unpaid bookings may be cancelled at the sole discretion of the event organisers if they deem it necessary to release opportunities to others.
- Please note: we do not accept cash payments. Please make all cheques payable to Hampton Medical Conferences Ltd. Please note packages are not confirmed until payment has been received and sending a cheque may delay confirmation of your attendance.
- If you request to be invoiced, payment terms will be 14 days from the date of the invoice. An invoice will be generated and sent out to you via email. If your organisation uses a Purchase Order system, please input the PO number at the time of booking as failure to do so may cause problems with your booking.
- If at a later date you wish to pay your invoice by card payment, please call +44 (0)1920 885162.
- Any bookings made within 14 days of the event must pay via credit/debit card prior to the beginning of the conference.
By Card (Credit or Debit)
- If you request to pay by card, you will be re-directed to our payment platform. Please complete your card details and process the payment. A receipt will be automatically sent to you upon completion.
5. Your Liability
- You agree to accept liability for the acts or omissions of your employees, contractors and agents.
- Any Exhibitor or Sponsor must not negatively affect or disrupt other Exhibitors. For example, no loud music or sound, lighting, or any other action that could cause disruption.
- You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any act or omission by you or your employees, contractors or agents at the Event or in connection with this Agreement. You agree to ensure you have appropriate liability insurance.
- You agree to observe the rules, regulations and procedures of the Event venue.
- You shall not hang signage or other material from any ceiling, structure or wall of the Event venue without our permission.
- You shall not display or distribute the cards, advertisements or printed materials of any other entities that are not Sponsors or Exhibitors at the Event without our permission.
7. Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted at law, we will not be liable for any loss, cost, expense or damage suffered by you or any other person in relation to this Agreement or the Event.
- We will not be liable for the storage or removal of Sponsor or Exhibitor material or any other collateral, whether this be to, from, or at the Event premises.
- We make no representation or warranty on behalf of any supplier or Event organiser and any dealings undertaken in this regard will be solely at your own risk.
8. Intellectual property rights
- All intellectual property rights in the Sponsor or Exhibitor marks shall be solely and exclusively owned by you, together with any goodwill therein, and we shall not acquire any rights in that intellectual property.
- We will not be liable for any loss, cost or expense you may sustain in relation to the infringement of any intellectual property.
- Neither party shall knowingly do, or cause, or permit anything to be done which may prejudice or harm or has the potential to prejudice or harm the reputation of the other party’s intellectual property.
- Any request to terminate this Agreement must be submitted to us in writing. Termination of this Agreement is at our discretion.
- If we agree to terminate this Agreement, you will pay the fee as follows:
Up to 31st July 2019: 50% of package price
From 25 August 2019: 100% of package price
- Confirmation of termination must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with an acknowledgement received from the organiser. If you do not receive this within one week of your termination you must contact +44 (0) 1920 885162. to confirm it has been received. No requests to terminate will be deemed accepted until you have been advised by the organisers.
10. Promotion and representation
- Whilst the Organisers shall use their reasonable endeavour to organise and promote the Conference in such a manner as they consider appropriate, the right to amend or vary the manner or methods is reserved. Any audience projections, methods or timing of promotion shall constitute only general indications and shall not amount to any representation or warranty.
- Changes to any aspect of the conference (including speakers) may be necessary due to events outside the control of the organisers. The organisers therefore reserve the right to make any necessary amendments to the programme or timings of the event. The most up to date version of the programme will always be available on the website.
- Views expressed by speakers are entirely their own. EMIS NUG cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to delegates.
11. Attendance substitutions
Attendance substitutions are allowed, without charge, up to the day of conference. If you need to substitute a place for yourself or your colleague, please take the following action;
- Up to two days prior confirmation of substitution must be made in writing to email@example.com, with acknowledgement of substitution received by delegate.
- The day before and on the day of the conference the substitution must contact the events team on +44 (0) 1920 885162. to inform of the substitution. Alternatively, they must report themselves to the team during registration so their booking can be amended as appropriate.
- Please note once a booking has been made, fees will be due in full even where the delegate does not attend (subject to cancellation rights below).
12. Filming and photography
Please note that the EMIS National User Group Annual Conference 2019 may be filmed photographed by EMIS and the EMIS National User Group. The footage will be distributed in the public domain and may be used for promotional purposes on-line and/or in printed materials. Those who do not wish their images to be included in this material should contact the organisers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.
13. Data protection
We respect and value your privacy. This data collected will only be used in the manner described below and one that is consistent with your rights under the law.
What data do we collect? If you chose to register as a Sponsor or Exhibitor for the EMIS NUG Annual Conference we will collect the following data from you; Name, Email Address, Job Title, Phone Number, Address.
How will we use your data?
- E-mail you a confirmation/invoice and joining instructions.
- E-mail you a thank you for supporting us.
- Contact you via email or telephone to chase any outstanding conference payments.
- We will only supply you with conference event updates including programme information and news if you chose to opt-in to the EMIS NUG Event News mailing list.
- Request your company logo for promotional purposes as per your package
How do we store your data: All data will be stored on our dedicated registration platform
Do we share your data?
- We contract with a third-party event agency Hampton Medical Conferences to supply and manage our events on behalf of the EMIS NUG. Hampton Medical Conferences will require access to your data for Event Management & Marketing for EMIS NUG events only.
- Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
How can you control your data and access it?
- When you submit personal data via the registration platform, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. You will have the option to opt-in to receive event news updates.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
14. Cancellation, postponement and Force Majeure
We may, in our sole discretion, cancel or postpone the Event because of circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, an event of force majeure where such an event though not directly affecting the Event, may have an adverse effect on the success of the Event or the Event venue becomes wholly or partially unavailable.
If the Event is cancelled or postponed:
- We shall provide you with written notice of our decision as soon as reasonably practicable. We shall not be liable to you for any loss, cost or expense; however, we may at our complete discretion refund in whole or in part any payment you are liable to make under this Agreement.
- If, in our opinion, we can carry out the Event at another venue or by modifying the Event programme, this Agreement shall continue to be binding on the parties subject to any necessary modifications.
- Notices shall be sent by email to the Sponsor or Exhibitor at the email address provided on the application form. In the absence of proof of non-delivery, notices are deemed received, on the working day the email is sent provided that any email that is sent on a non-working day or after 5pm on a working day will deemed to be received on the next working day.
- All access and dietary requirements must be advised at time of registration in order to ensure that these requests can be accommodated. Failure to do so may not enable us to cater for these requirements.
- In the interests of good management or safety of the Event, we reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions of this Agreement and you will be bound by those variations as soon as you receive notice of the variations from us.
- You acknowledge that the information supplied by the Event Organisers is accurate to the best of the Event Organisers' knowledge and belief, but shall not constitute a warranty or representation. Any inaccuracy or mistake shall not entitle you to terminate this Agreement.