REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Prior to processing your booking, you must read the Terms and Conditions and agree to them by selecting the agreement box on the online registration booking form.
Conference: The EMIS National User Group Annual Conference and Exhibition 2020
Substitution: The action of replacing someone
Cancellation: The action of cancelling something that has been arranged or planned
Organiser: EMIS National User Group and Rapier Design Ltd
2. Conference confirmation
Please note: you are not guaranteed attendance at the EMIS NUG Annual Conference and Exhibition 2020 until you have received an email confirmation and payment has been made. All confirmation emails should be received within 24 hours of your booking being made. If you do not receive your email confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Payment terms
- Payment is strictly 14 days from date of invoice. We must receive full payment prior to the event start date without exception. Unpaid bookings may be cancelled at the sole discretion of the event organisers if they deem it necessary to release delegate places to others.
- Any delegates arriving at the conference with an outstanding balance will be asked to settle on-site via card payment only. Please note, under no circumstances will individuals be allowed into the event without settling their outstanding balance.
- Early Bird Discounts or other time-limited promotions will only apply where full payment is received before the end of the applicable promotion period. In the event that payment has not been received prior to the end of the offer, the booking will be cancelled and you will be required to re-book with the advertised rate available at that time.
- If you request to be invoiced, payment terms will be 14 days from the date of the invoice. An invoice will be generated and sent out to you via email. If your organisation uses a Purchase Order system, then please input the PO number this at the time of booking as failure to do so may cause problems with your booking.
- If at a later date you wish to pay your invoice by card, please call +44 (0)1920 885162. We are unable to accept payment by invoice within four weeks of the event.
- Late payments: For all invoices that are not settled within 14 days prior to the conference start date, Rapier Design Ltd reserves the right to cancel all associated delegate places booked.
By Card (Debit or Credit)
- If you request to pay by card, you will be re-directed to our payment platform. Please complete your card details and process the payment. A receipt will be automatically sent to you upon completion.
- We are able to accept payments by cheque. Please note that attendance is not confirmed until payment has been received, and sending a cheque may delay confirmation of your attendance.
- Delegate substitutions are allowed without charge, up to the starting day of the conference. If you need to substitute a place for yourself or your colleague, please take the following action:
- Up to two days prior, confirmation of substitution must be made in writing to email@example.com, with acknowledgement of substitution received by the delegate.
- The day before and on the day of the conference, the substitution must contact the events team on +44(0)1920 885162 to confirm details. Alternatively, they must report to our events team during registration so that their booking can be amended as appropriate.
- Please note: once a booking has been made, delegate fees will be due in full even where the delegate does not attend (subject to cancellation rights below).
If you need to cancel your booking the following charges apply:
Up to 30 July 2020: no charge (complete refund)
From 31 July 2020: 100% charge (no refunds; however, name substitutions are permitted)
- Confirmation of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, with an acknowledgement received from the organiser. If you do not receive this acknowledgement within one week of your cancellation, you must contact +44(0)1920 885162 to confirm your cancellation has been received. No requests to cancel will be deemed accepted until you have been advised by the organisers.
- Delegates are allowed to amend their booking. Please note: cancellation charges (as per the breakdown above) are still applicable if a reduction in the amount due has arisen from amendments made.
- As noted prior, once a booking has been made, delegate fees will be due in full even where the delegate does not attend (subject to cancellation rights below)
- The event organisers reserve the right to cancel this event if deemed necessary in their opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control up to and including the day of the event. In such circumstances all delegate fees will be refundable except in the event of cancellation due to fire, flood, terrorism, a legal order, or act of God. In any of these circumstances, the event organisers will not be held liable for any compensation or for any losses occurred in arranging or travelling to attend the event.
6. Failure to attend
Failure to attend the Conference without prior notification will still render the delegate liable for the full conference payment.
- Changes to any aspect of the conference (including speakers) may be necessary due to events outside the control of the organisers. The organisers therefore reserve the right to make any necessary amendments to the programme or timings of the event. The most up-to-date version of the programme will always be available on the conference website.
- Views expressed by speakers are entirely their own. EMIS NUG cannot accept liability for any advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to delegates.
8. Filming and photography
Please note that the EMIS National User Group Annual Conference and Exhibition 2020 may be filmed/ photographed by EMIS and the EMIS National User Group. The footage will be distributed in the public domain and may be used for promotional purposes on-line and/or in printed materials. Delegates who do not wish their images to be included in this material should contact the organisers by email at email@example.com prior to the event.
9. Data protection
- We respect and value your privacy. We will only collect and use personal data for those individuals who register to attend our conference. The data collected will only be used in the manner described below and consistent with your rights under the law.
- What data do we collect? If you chose to register for the EMIS NUG annual conference we will collect the following data from you; Name, Email Address, Job Title, Phone Number, Address.
- How will we use your data?
- E-mail you a conference confirmation email confirming your registration.
- E-mail you an invoice or credit/debit receipt (as applicable).
- E-mail you conference joining instructions outlining final important information such as car parking and programme timings.
- E-mail you a thank you for attending and link to our conference survey.
- Contact you via email or telephone to chase any outstanding conference payments.
- We will only supply you with conference event updates including programme information and news if you chose to opt-in to the EMIS NUG Event News mailing list, held on email software. These emails will be sent monthly, maximum two per month. You have the right to unsubscribe to this database at any time.
- If you have opted to provide your mailing address, we may send you a flyer promoting the event.
- We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take reasonable steps to ensure we comply with our obligations under GDPR.
- How do we store your data?
- All data will be stored on our dedicated registration platform operated by Rapier Design Ltd.
- If you opt-in to receive the EMIS NUG Event News, your first name, last name and email address will be held on Mail Chimp.
- Do we share your data?
- We contract with a third-party event agency, Rapier Design Ltd, to supply and manage our events on behalf of EMIS NUG. Rapier Design Ltd. will require access to your data for Event Management & Marketing for EMIS NUG events only.
- If you have opted to stay overnight, your name will be shared with the Hotel, for the purpose of this event only, in the form of the rooming list provided to the Hotel to secure your accommodation.
- If you have opted to receive a CPD certificate post event, your first name, last name and email address will be shared with CPD who will use this information to send the certificate.
- Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- How can you control your data and access it?
- When you submit personal data via the registration platform, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls over our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. You will have the option to opt-in to receive event news updates.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
All access and dietary requirements must be advised at time of registration in order to ensure that these requests are accommodated. Failure to do so may render us unable to accommodate these requirements
If you have any questions about your booking or the conference, please contact the Conference Organisers.